Tomorrow Somewhere New
Tomorrow Somewhere New is an inspiring short film about Josh and Jessa Works, two self-employed freelancers, who sold everything they own, pucrhased an airstream and are now travelling across America with their children.
Have you ever felt trapped in a static life you didn’t choose? Ever considered just walking away from it all and creating your own adventure?
When Josh and Jessa Works asked themselves these questions, they answered by loading their son Jack into an Airstream and launching into an exploration and rediscovery of America, not in search of a place to settle, but rather creating a new kind of home out of wandering.
You can read the complete background to what led Josh and Jessa Works make this decision here. I am sure many will relate to the feeling of wanting to get away from the daily routine, to find a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
I admire people that make a decision to follow their dreams, even if it defies convention. I love this list they made.
An incomplete list of our motivations and desires:
- to escape our growing ennui of the suburban lifestyle
- to feed our insatiable wanderlust and explore
- to own and consume fewer but better things
- to live more efficiently and inexpensively
- to cultivate a closer relationship with the natural world
- to significantly curb our use of costly natural resources
- to pursue passionate, self-fulfilling work (and work less)
- to provide a humble and engaging worldview for our children
- to indulge our curiosities and control our experiences
- to face our inevitable vulnerability and learn to enjoy it
- to live while we’re young and hope that it sticks