The Dubai Benches Project
"Some landscaped areas in Dubai have benches but there are plenty that do not. Women jogging around Old Town have no place to sit and take a break, mothers with their children on the merry-go-round have no place to rest and watch while they play, friends who run into each other in malls have no place to hang out and catch up. Sometimes you don’t need a restaurant or coffee shop, you just need a bench. And there aren’t enough in Dubai."
Everybody is invited to contribute and join in the conversation by sharing photos, images and stories about benches which will be featured on www.sauceprojects.com/benches. You can send the following to email@example.com:
- Photos of your favourite bench (in Dubai or anywhere else in the world) and why you like it.
- Photos of a candid moment caught on a bench.
- Photos of a space or area in Dubai where there should be a bench but isn’t (e.g. by the sea, in a mall, in a park, by the road).
- Any story or anecdote about something that happened on a bench.
- Anything wonderful or inspirational like a sketch of a bench, a quote, a poem, etc.
Also be on the lookout later this month for benches that S*auce have commissioned some artists to work on (yours truly is included). As soon as the information is ready to be shared, I will post an update on this blog.
Now step outside, find yourself a bench and share your stories.