Sole DXB - The Middle East's First Sneaker Summit
This "sneaker summit" will explore several arts that influence and are influenced by sneaker culture, including music, skateboarding and photography.
Sole DXB is a platform created by three sneaker enthusiasts, Hussain Moloobhoy, Joshua Cox and Kris Balerite.
“Most people look at sneakers and just see a pair of shoes, but others see a statement, a stance, a declaration. At Sole DXB, our aim is to create a platform which enables passionate sneaker collectors, bloggers, designers, artists, athletes and urban trendsetters to network, share their collections, inspire one another, discover new trends and much, much more.” Hussain Moloobhoy
Local and international artists will be showcasing their works that reflect sneaker culture including:
- Live graffiti from f-rock.
- Limited edition hand screen prints from artists including Ubiq, Dozign, Mad Ink, Brown Monkeys and more.
- Dubai based artist and toy designer, robotandspark who will reveal his new collection of work.
- Live performances by Beat Antenna, The Recipe, Noush Like Sploosh and DJ Lobito.
- Middle East’s debut screening of the award-winning documentary The Mystery of Flying Kicks (trailer added below)
- PUMA Social Club, the latest lifestyle campaign from PUMA honoring "the after-hours athlete, the champion of late night games".
- Nike Sportswear, a product line rooted in the company’s passion for sport while at the same time remixing and improving iconic designs with new technologies.
Murder, sex, drugs, art, politics… sneakers hanging on telephone lines have become a powerful urban symbol, inspiring genesis theories both hilarious and sinister. In an effort to get to the truth once and for all we asked the people of earth to help us solve this mystery. Using an on-line call out and a phone message bank, this documentary was made entirely from donated photographs, phoned-in theories, video, vlogs, and animation. The Mystery of Flying Kicks is the result of a unique digital collaboration between the filmmakers and the international public.
Date and time: Thursday, 24th February. Doors open from 7:30pm
Location: thejamjar, St 17a/Community 368, Al Quoz 3 (location map)
Phone: +9714 3417303
RSVP : firstname.lastname@example.org
Order of events: The live art, skating, exhibits will be on from 8pm. The Mystery of the Flying Kicks will be screened at 9.30pm (film is 15 mins long). The bands will come on after the film, followed by the DJ.