Film and TV Viewing Log - April 2015
Here's my list of films and one TV show I watched in April. I saw a lot in the cinemas in London, which was pure pleasure for me. Said it before and will say it again, nothing beats watching a film on the big screen. Nothing.
- Blade runner on the big screen, plus a varied selection of old and new films in London. Wrote more about it here.
- Roman Polanski's Repulsion freaked the hell out of me.
- Lisandro Alonso's Jauja for its beaitiful cinematography. Still scratching my head thinking about the ending.
- Stanley Kubrick's Boxes was a great insight into Kubrick's process and research methods for his films.
- The pleasure of watching long films in the cinema (in London), Edgar Reitz's Home from Home - Chronicle of a Vision, almost four hours long and Haile Gerima's Harvest: 3000 Years, 150mins long.
- Jamaa Fanaka's Welcome Home, Brother Charles - bizarre and ridiculously entertaining.
Here's the complete list:
Repulsion (Roman Polanski, 1965)
Harvest: 3000 Years (Haile Gerima, 1976)
Blade Runner - The Final Cut (Ridley Scott, USA, 1982/2007)
Death Proof (Quentin Tarantino, 2007)
صراع في الميناء / Sira` Fi al-Mina / Dark Waters (Youssef Chahine, 1956)
Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)
Stanley Kubrick's Boxes (Jon Ronson, 2008)
Weekend (Andrew Haigh, 2011)
Home from Home - Chronicle of a Vision (Edgar Reitz, 2013)
Jauja (Lisandro Alonso, 2014)
Pulp: A Film About Life, Death and Supermarkets (Florian Habicht, 2014)
Cobain: Montage of Heck (Brett Morgen, 2015)
Ex Machina (Alex Garland, 2015)
Cry of the City (Robert Siodmak, 1948)
الإعتراف / Al E'iteraf / Confession (Saad Arafa, 1965)
Elsa la Rose (Agnès Varda, 1965)
Une collection particulière / A Private Collection (Walerian Borowczyk, 1973)
Welcome Home, Brother Charles (Jamaa Fanaka, 1975)
Diary of an African Nun (Julie Dash, 1977)
Daydream Therapy (Bernard Nicolas, 1977)
Murs Murs (Agnès Varda, 1981)
A Zed & Two Noughts (Peter Greenaway, 1985)
Le Petit Amour (Agnès Varda, 1988)
Cycles (Zeinabu irene Davis, 1989)
Film of Her (Bill Morrison, 1996)
Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez, 2007)
9 Songs (Michael Winterbottom, 2009)
Singularidades de uma Rapariga Loura / Eccentricities of a Blonde-haired Girl (Manoel de Oliveira, 2010)
Good Vibrations (Lisa Barros D'Sa, Glenn Leyburn, 2013)
Rocking Cambodia: Rise of a Pop Diva (Marc Eberle, 2015)