Johnny Cash would be 78 today
- During his stint in the Air Force, Cash learned to translate Russian Morse code.
- Cash’s advice on living life on the road: “Back in 1957, there was no Extra Crispy. Other than that, it’s the same.”
- In 1984, when Cash felt that his record label was ignoring him, he released an intentionally awful album called Chicken in Black, with a title song about Cash’s brain being transplanted into the body of a chicken.
- He used to carry around a jar of instant coffee and ladle spoonfuls of it into the coffee he ordered in restaurants.
- Cash once stuck a bowie knife into a hotel room’s reproduction of the Mona Lisa that didn’t meet his standards.
After reading the whole list, I wanted to post my favourite Johnny Cash song, Hurt. Even though it is a cover version, I think he owns this one. I love it to pieces.